If you’re tired of trying everything to stop your hair loss, it’s time to ask our team of professionals at Artful Aesthetics about safe, proven hair restoration with PRP. This may be just the treatment you’ve been looking for to achieve real hair growth and look and feel your best again. But what does the treatment involve?
What is PRP for Hair Restoration?
PRP for hair restoration is an exciting new treatment that uses your own blood to help restore your natural, thick, healthy hair. PRP treatments are the alternative to invasive, expensive hair transplant surgeries and medications with unwanted issues and side effects.
What is PRP?
The main ingredient in the treatment is platelet-rich plasma or PRP. This is a natural product of your own blood, and it brings about many benefits.
Where Does PRP Come From?
PRP comes from your own blood. You may be familiar with the use of plasma in various life-saving medications. PRP contains high levels of growth hormones.
To get PRP, our professional first draws a small amount of blood from your body. The professional then places the blood in a machine known as a centrifuge. This machine separates the plasma from the red and white blood cells.
Using your own blood ensures that your body will accept the PRP without complications or allergic reactions. This is a natural hair restoration option.
PRP in Beauty Treatments
You may have heard or read about the wonders of PRP as a beauty treatment. PRP is the centerpiece of procedures like the Vampire Facelift. Everyone from celebrities to beauty bloggers have been posting about their experiences getting these treatments.
There is nothing frightening about a treatment that uses PRP. In fact, these treatments have been shown to deliver amazing results. The PRP makes skin strong, healthy and resilient. It enhances the effects of fillers, treatments, serums and skin care products. PRP has proven to have many benefits for skin and overall health.
Proven Medical Value
PRP may be a current trend in cosmetic treatments, but it’s more than just a passing fad. PRP has proven benefits as a potent health booster. Burn medications and medications to ease leukemia symptoms all contain PRP. PRP treatments are popular in orthopedic medicine. Doctors commonly use PRP to help injured bones heal faster. They also use it to ease joint pain.
It Works for Hair and Skin
PRP has proven health benefits. Clinical tests have found that it contains highly potent elements that can increase skin health, boost immunity and speed healing. What does this mean for your hair? PRP can stimulate follicle growth and keep your new hair strong and healthy.
Benefits of Hair Restoration with PRP
- It can help you regrow hair in your bald or thinning patches.
- It strengthens the hair you already have.
- It is a safe, FDA-approved treatment.
- Using your own blood lowers the risk of a negative reaction.
- It is non-surgical and minimally-invasive.
- PRP keeps the skin on your scalp strong and healthy.
- PRP can restore the melanin in your hair.
What Can PRP Hair Restoration Do for You?
Losing your hair may be an inevitable part of aging, but it can also be devastating. Women may find that their hair is thin, brittle and lacking fullness. Men may discover that they are losing their hair entirely or in patches. Hair thinning and hair loss can have negative effects on your self-confidence, social life and feelings about yourself.
What Works and What Doesn’t
Unfortunately, the devastation of hair loss means that you’ve probably tried a lot of other methods that took your money and didn’t work. There is no shortage of techniques and treatments that claim to restore hair or make it grow again. But do any of them work?
Medication for Hair Loss
The most popular medical treatment for hair loss is Propecia. This medication can work for some people, but it has several disadvantages, including:
- You must take it for several months before you see any results.
- There’s no way of knowing ahead of time if it will work for you.
- You must continue taking the medication after the hair grows in. Otherwise, you’ll lose it again.
- Propecia may cause or worsen erectile dysfunction in men.
You have probably heard of Rogaine. This is a topical treatment that you apply as a lotion or a foam directly to your scalp. It is available over-the-counter.
Rogaine can work for some people, but it too has some drawbacks, including:
- You have to use it for 16 weeks before you see any results.
- You must use it consistently to get and maintain your hair growth.
- It can cause unwanted hair growth on your neck and face.
Certain herbal and vitamin supplements can help you keep your hair thick and healthy, but they cannot promote new hair growth. If you’re interested in using them, you may already know about some of them, including:
Essential fatty acids:
- These have shown benefits in keeping hair strong and healthy.
- This is a popular supplement that can promote some strength.
- Some women have had success using lavender essential oils to improve their hair’s thickness. Men should avoid using any products that contain lavender because these have been linked to a higher chance of developing male breast tissue.
Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant surgery can help you grow new hair in the treated areas. But you will have to continue taking Propecia or using Rogaine to encourage the growth of healthy new hair.
Transplants do work, but you must undergo repeated surgeries. In many cases, you will need four to six surgical procedures to get a full head of hair. Transplant surgery won’t work if you don’t have enough of your original hair left to make the transplants.
Hair Restoration with PRP: The Best Choice
Compared to these other treatments, hair restoration with PRP has several advantages, including:
- It has no dangerous or unwanted side effects.
- It requires no set downtime or recovery.
- It is more affordable than surgery or the long-term use of medications.
- It has been proven to work.
Clinical Studies Support PRP for Hair Loss
Studies conducted on PRP treatments have found that it worked to grow hair in 61 out of 62 tested patients. These patients were able to grow back almost all of their hair. PRP hair restoration has proven so successful that many hair transplant clinics are now suggesting that their clients try PRP first. It carries lower risks and less discomfort than repeated transplant surgeries.
Will Hair Restoration with PRP Work for You?
Doctors have found that hair restoration with PRP can work to regrow hair. It also helps the hair you have get stronger and healthier. This helps you look as if you have a full, healthy head of hair.
PRP is more likely to work if:
- Your hair loss is not due to an illness.
- You have been losing hair for less than five years.
- You still have patches of your natural hair left.
- You combine the PRP treatment with topical medications, scalp massages and/or other secondary treatments.
How Does It Work?
The same factors that make PRP a powerful medical aid also account for its ability to regrow hair. Once it’s inside your skin cells, the PRP activates powerful growth factors inside your cells, skin and hair.
These growth factors override the dormant nature of “dead” hair follicles and stimulate them to start growing again. Hair loss is linked to high testosterone levels. PRP can block the action of testosterone in the hair follicles to make them keep growing.
The PRP also increases the size of blood vessels in the scalp. This leads to increased blood flow that furthers the growth of healthy hair.
What is the Procedure Like?
The procedure involves a simple and easy blood draw. After the professional separates the PRP from your blood, the actual procedure begins. During your treatment, the professional injects the PRP directly into the areas of your scalp where you have bald or thin patches.
Other things to keep in mind include:
- You will get a topical anesthetic.
- You can continue your normal activities immediately afterward.
- You may experience slight redness in the treatment area that fades by the next day.
- The procedure is performed in the comfort of our office and is designed to be quick and convenient.
How Many Treatments Do You Need?
To achieve the best results, we may recommend getting a series of treatments spaced a set amount of time apart. It will depend on your unique case and the results you are wanting to achieve.
When Will You See Your Results?
Hair restoration with PRP is not an instant fix. It takes time as the PRP goes to work inside your hair follicles. It could take months before you start seeing hair growth.
How Long Do the Results Last?
You may need to maintain your results with regular treatments. Our professional can advise you about the best way to keep your new, healthy hair.
Our professional might also advise you to add treatments that enhance your results. These might include:
- Topical medication.
- Daily, gentle scalp massages.
- Supplements or vitamins that boost hair health.
Make sure to follow our professional’s advice to get the results you want.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
When you take advantage of hair restoration with PRP, you can grow your own hair in a safe, natural way. If you’re interested in learning more about hair restoration with PRP, schedule your consultation at Artful Aesthetics in Oakland. We would be more than happy to evaluate your case and determine if PRP treatment can work for you. Contact us today to book an appointment!